On behalf of our school we extend you a very warm welcome and congratulate you on your decision to join the UPT community. We expect that your time at Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti will be supported by committed Learning Advisors, be a great experience and memorable part of your education ‘journey’.
Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti is a unique and very special school. The Ten Tenets of our ‘special character’ provide us with a very clear basis for our work and the Board of Trustees through its Strategic Plan has charged all of us who work in the school with achieving some very aspirational outcomes for learners:
- enthusiastic, confident and competent individuals who can contribute as active, thinking and responsible members of society;
- engaged and challenged learners who understand about and take responsibility for their learning;
- individuals who feel valued and trusted;
- learners who have experienced and grown from the nurture and support of peers, staff, parents and whanau;
- learners who have achieved through diverse pathways and learners who are able to learn from and contribute to learning in the wider community.
Of course, we can’t do any of this unless YOU (student and whanau) are on board too!!
Have a great year at Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti. Enjoy your learning, make new friends and navigate your way through the challenges of adolescence. To make the best of your time at our school you should set yourself challenging goals and work hard to achieve these. You will have the support of the staff at this school and they will always believe in you, your capabilities and want you to achieve your potential.
This handbook has been prepared as a reference and guide. However, if you can’t find an answer to your question or concern please feel very free to contact a member of staff – preferably your Homebase Learning Advisor (HBLA) in the first instance.
Tanja Gzreta & Alastair Wells
Co-Directors– Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti