Outside the classroom
"Learning experiences extend beyond the boundaries of place, time, age, methods of learning and areas of study"
Off-site Learning arrangements take place as part of our special character and happen in a number of diiferent formats.
- Students can visit sites relating to their ICL as part of the learning pathway. For example, a student might leave school for part of the day to work at Stickmen Studios as part of their interest in computer game design.
- Students may travel to other learning institutes to take part in formal courses of study as part of their learning pathway. For example a STAR course at the CPIT or at Natcoll, or enrolment in University Study.
- Gateway or work experience placements.
- Students may arrange a day away from campus working on the ICL or a significant aspect of their course work. For example, dramatic study and rehearsal taken as part of their role in the production of a professional theatre company.
- A school-wide off-site learning day, where all students have the opportunity to organise something different in the way of learning off-site.
- An outreach project arranged by the student as part of the IEP. For example, tree planting in a national reserve.
When students arrange off-site learning, they need to complete the form below and return it their homebase LA for checking. The office needs to know when students are off-site learning so they do not phone home to check for truancy.
Form: Off-site Learning Day